Federal Student Loan Cancellation (Discharge)
Your federal student loan may be discharged if:
- You die, or the death of the student in the case of a Parent PLUS loan.
- You become totally and permanently disabled.
- Your school closes before you finish your program.
- Your school falsely certifies your loan.
- You are the victim of identity theft.
Part of your loan may be forgiven if you are a full-time teacher or your school does not make a refund you’re owed to your loan holder.
Contact your loan holder for additional information.